Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Eriocaulon for free

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Ryant1110 
#1 ·
I have some Eriocaulon plants that starting sprouting. I don't know a ton about their reproduction, but, they're clearly aren't flowers since they weren't pollinated and never bloomed. So it just seems like asexual budding/reproduction. Similar to this post, although those aren't my plants.
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/...0866-eriocaulon-cinereum-seeding-flowers.html

The little sprouts are growing roots, and I'm pretty sure if I trim them off, they can just be planted and will grow fine.
Also, the original plants are getting really large, and I'd be happy to split them and give parts away.

I'm not sure what species they are, but there are about 6 or 7 buds, plus 4 or 5 plants that can be split. Let me know if you want them!

I have some other plants too if anyone is interested, but I think the Eriocaulons are by far the most interesting. They're such nice plants, I don't just want to trim them and throw them away.

#5 ·
Would you be interested in trading plants? I suffer from collectoritis and have a lot of different types of plants that I also hate to waste, since most grow like weeds, which I guess, most of them are...

I too have been giving them away (Craigslist, fish stores, aquarium club, friends), but if a trade could be worked out, that would be even better?!

#6 ·
Ah, erio sp. cinereum. That's a pretty nice plant to own!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.