Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
642 Posts
....But what does the '5ml' is for when you wrote : '1/16 tsp (5ml) Trace Elements 3x a week' ? Does it mean to dissolve the TE in 5ml of DI and then pour the 5ml into the tank?...
You can do what Rex Grigg does. He mixes two tablespoons of Plantex CSM TE powder into 500 ml of distilled water and then doses 5-10 ml/20 gallons three times a week for a medium light tank.
http://www.rexgrigg.com/ferts.htm

You can also use a commercial TE liquid like Seachem Fluorish Comprehensive and dose 5-10 ml/20 gallons three times a week. However, in the long run a dry TE mix like Plantex CSM or comparable powder TE would be cheaper to dose.

· Registered
642 Posts

· Registered
642 Posts
The Barr plan that HS linked works well for me.

I use Tropica's Plant Nutrition liquid for the trace nutrients and Equilibrium for the GH Booster.

I dose only 50% of the daily required requirements. This is 50% the recommended amounts of macros one day and 50% of the micros the next.
Of course I should give credit where credit is due. Left C was kind enough to first advise me of the link. Thanks as always Left C.

· Registered
642 Posts
I just bought some Tropica Master Grow to Experiment with as a TE mix. I want to test it on my 40 gallon where I am dosing EI dry. Would 5 ml of Tropica Master Grow 3 times as week for a 40 gallon be the correct measure for the trace. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.