Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Apologies if this has been covered and I just missed it, but is there any real reason not to use half the recommended amounts 6 days a week rather than the recommended amounts 3 days a week-- so long as you don't let strong concentrations of phosphate and iron mix.

It seems to me that that would be a simpler to keep track of.

· Registered
59 Posts
Question about the solubility of the dry ferts. I'm thinking it would be convenient to mix the fertilizers into three batches of liquid for dosing: N, PK, and Trace. (I want N separate because the tank will already have a major source of "N" in the 4-5 goldfish the tank will eventually house.)

The question, basically, is whether the dry ferts are sufficiently soluble so that a 5 or 15 ml dose (the sizes measuring spoons I have convenient and dedicated to aquarium use) can contain the daily dose of each of the three mixes appropriate for the 55 gal tank. That way, I just dump in one spoonful each of three mixes daily. Easy to keep track of and no confusion about "what's scheduled for today, and which spoon for which fert."

· Registered
59 Posts
Thanks. I'll probably use up the seachem until it's gone then go with the dry ferts from the source listed at the very beginning of this thread, mixed up into small set of nice, simply dosed, solutions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.