Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
766 Posts
Hello,
I need some help here. I picked up some ferts from Greg Watson, and I'm switching over from the Seachem line (more control issue). I would like to get 16 oz. PUMP bottles and have these items pre-mixed. I purchased a pound of the following; KN03, FE, K2S04, KH2P04, GH Builder, CSM+B Plantex.

How much would I need to pre-mix with a 16 oz. bottle for EI schedule below? Also can I mix any of these items together or do I need individual containers for each fert.? Then once I have it all mixed-up how many pumps a week would I need to do? (is that dependent on how much volume the pump dispels?)

A kick in the right direction would be excellent. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help in advance..

p.s. would it be easier if I used a different sized bottle for the pump (i.e. 8 oz. , 32 oz. ?)

1/4Tsp-KN03 3x a week
1/16+Tsp-KH2P04 3x aweek
1/16+Tsp K2S04 3x a week
5ml Trace 3x a week
1-2ml Fe/Iron 3x a week

EI target ranges
CO2 range 25-30 ppm
NO3 range 5-30 ppm
K+ range 10-30 ppm
PO4 range 1.0-2.0 ppm
Fe 0.2-0.5ppm or higher
GH range 3-5 degrees ~ 50ppm or higher
KH range 3-

· Registered
766 Posts
Thanks kindly.

I'm in the process in finding a 500ml bottle to simplify my mixing. Once I figure out how much volume the pump will deliver I think I'll be able to figure how much to pre-mix and how often to dose. :D I hope.

Once pre-mixed do all of them need to be refrigerated?

· Registered
766 Posts
So, the bottle contains 250 ml of fluid, and I dose 20 ml a day, so the bottle contains 12.5 doses in it. Multiply 12.5 doses times the amount of fertilizer per dose and add to the bottle, then fill the bottle with water.
So if I convert every (tsp dosage to ml and multiply by three)/7 is that my dosage ml per day? :rolleyes:

I'm just trying to find out how you came up with the 20ml per day dosage.
Note: I will be using a 500ml bottle for each fert, trace.

1/4Tsp-KN03 3x a week
1/16+Tsp-KH2P04 3x a week
1/16+Tsp K2S04 3x a week
5ml Trace 3x a week
1-2ml Fe/Iron 3x a week

I think my only problem (once I figure out my solution portions) will be now is finding a pump that will give me a small amount of ml on each pump.

· Registered
766 Posts
Ahh thats pretty nice. Thanks guys. Only question is which is the trace and iron dosing schedule on there. Am I missing it? Is it the TMG? Thanks

60 grams KNO3
18 grams of KH2PO4
25 grams of GH booster

Add 12 mls daily.
Add TMG at 2.5 mls daily.

· Registered
766 Posts
NO3 range 5-30 ppm
K+ range 10-30 ppm
PO4 range 1.0-2.0 ppm
Fe 0.2-0.5ppm or higher

Are we trying to reach these target ranges by the end of the week?

· Registered
766 Posts
You should try to always maintain those levels.
Gotcha. But if I'm using Chucks fert. calulator to figure amounts of dry powder to mix to make a solution, those target numbers should be the numbers I hit after 3 dosings? Right?

I'm trying to make a solution of each nutrient, so if I put in a certain number of tsp's it gives me a PPM for each ml of solution added. Once I get that PPM per ml of solution I can multiply that by the number of ml's (8ml-two pumps per dose) I want to add per dose then times 3 (3xweek). That number should be the target number.
Is this procedure correct? Just want to check before I start mixing and adding. :mrgreen:

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.