Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
Hey Henry,
I would think it'd still be possible but not as effective as I would dose personally in smaller amounts. You don't want To much nutrients but you want enough that the plants can absorb whatever, whenever.
But I do recommend a water change weekly IMO. Just part of routine maintenance.

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
I have never worked too hard to get to that level as I see some problems.
A set it and forget it type sounds good but then my fish and plants have never wanted it to work?
Given time one might find just the right amount of water to remove and dosing to add, but then it is always changing even when we don't see the change. Fish and plants grow or die. Taller get taller and shade low ones. We feed the fish more or less. Even the water changes from the hot and dry season to winter in some places.
So how it would work long term is not one I've found.
My final issue is that I do need to look at my tanks and during water changes, I'm sure to spot things going wrong before they become monsters.
Gone missing,
your post is missing key points.
Plants do not shade out others with: proper planting, and correct spacing. it all relies on the scape, plus half the time if you have high lighting this doesn't matter much anyway...
If you put in the time and effort, you can feed your inhabitants Exactly the right amount, many people do this but its more on the nerdy side. You take the fish(s) weight and do some math with it and the food (blah blah not getting into it) etc etc etc... I personally underfeed a bit and don't see bad results, my feeding schedule is every other day, and I give just enough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts