Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have never worked too hard to get to that level as I see some problems.
A set it and forget it type sounds good but then my fish and plants have never wanted it to work?
Given time one might find just the right amount of water to remove and dosing to add, but then it is always changing even when we don't see the change. Fish and plants grow or die. Taller get taller and shade low ones. We feed the fish more or less. Even the water changes from the hot and dry season to winter in some places.
So how it would work long term is not one I've found.
My final issue is that I do need to look at my tanks and during water changes, I'm sure to spot things going wrong before they become monsters.

·
Registered
56 Posts
No doubt there are key points missing. No perfect way for sure. But that is what I was trying to get at. Our tanks do change, so I have never felt that I had enough of a perfect dose to assume that it will be correct at some point in the future. So that has left me not spending much time to perfect a really good dosing system as I would assume it will change. I have shied away from setting a mechanical dosing system or even using a pre-mixed as I keep finding things that prompt me to vary my dosing.
Quite possible the combination of what I do is part of the problem as my tanks are rarely the same for very long.
Maybe just a difference in how we each view the hobby. Some want a picture perfect tank to set back and view. I much prefer doing things with the tanks. I've never had a picture perfect tank but I might want to tear it down and start a new project, even if I had one?
I once moved to a perfect spot-- but then there were too many people there and I moved!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts