Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
You only need about 1ppm of phosphate. I once has phosphate that were at least that high is not higher. It was caused by a nutrient deficiency. Once I fixed the deficencyphosphate level came down and stabilized.pants were only able to consume a very small amount of the Phosphate I was adding. Stunting might be caused by a boron deficiency. Small leave might be caused by low Zinclevels.

Plant food UK micro nutrient package looks like it is the Casic CSM +B recipe Basically they buy the EDTA ingrediients from a company and add boron. It is the most popular micro nutrient. But I has 2 basic problems Iron EDTA at a PH above 6.5 turnstone iron oxide which is not soluble in water and not usable by plants. The other problem is that it doesn't have enough zinc. Since I learned that I took my CSM+b which didn't work in (my tank)and addd Fe DTPA (good to a PH of 7.5 and doesn't fully oxidize until the PH reaches 8. And I used the zinc from 0.001ppm to 0.02 PPM. It works now. GLA has also done this with their CSM +B Product(link) it might work better for you.

Also the original EO recipe didn't have any recomendationts for sulfur, calcium, magnesium. All vital macro nutrients. Also there was no speck for the micro nutrient Chlorine. Normally tap water is treated with Chlorine to sterilize it. So most tap water has abundant levels of chloride salt. But if you are using DI or OR water you won't have any. So Keep these nutrients in mind if the GLA micro mix doesn't solve your problem you may have a macro problem

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.