Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using EI with good success for a while now. I am going on vacation for a few days. Can a higher dose of EI be used for a short vacation (I realize that more than a week would be problematic), but is it possible to dose extra for the time that you are gone? Or is there another strategy that is better, reduced photoperiod?
your help is greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
What I have done in the past is do a double dose while reducing the photoperiod or intensity at the same time. You want to make sure you don't drive your plants beyond the availability of the nutrients. I'm sure others will chime in as well.

·
Super Moderator
7,429 Posts
I will be in that same situation in the middle of this month. I have been planning on cutting the lights on time to about 4 hours a day, shutting off my continuous water change system, dosing heavier than usual ferts just before I leave, then crossing my fingers.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the prompt replies! Those sound like good suggestions. Crossing my fingers is exactly it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah for the future I might do that. Dont have time to get one for this trip, but might look into it. The Eheim ones are costly though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I read on another thread that the concern with the Rondomatic is that the ferts would clump up, get hard and not dispense properly. Also someone said that if ferts get in the mechanism for turning the cylinder, its very hard to get out and can interfere with proper working of the feeder. I have no experience with them myself, but read it elsewhere

1 - 8 of 8 Posts