Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
nifty! I have a couple acrylic cubes that I might have to do something similar with. (my girlfriend collected beanie babies or some such when she was a kid and had the "collector's cube"s left over from them. One of them will be for a carniverous plant setup (flytraps, etc) the other one I should do something along these lines! Thanks for inspiring :)

oops. lightbulb just went off... I should do ONE setup with both cubes... one with carniverous plants with a tiny river running through the middle, spilling into the other cube with aquatic plants.... holy crap it's all coming together now! BWAHAHAHA hehe.

+1 for style here!

· Registered
84 Posts
pour over the edge with the water... that is a valid concern lol. I was sitting here thinking of the design for my "eternity island" inspired suspended double-cube thingy I mentioned before, and decided to get some more inspiration/ideas by re-reading this journal. Gotta figure some fishy-barrier out now.... Obviously, doing a partial rim around the edges would completely ruin the purpose of the open top overflowing-ness of it all... hrmm...

off to ramble around for ways to get around that... thanks for the inspiration by the way! I'm horrible at remembering to journal ANYTHING, but I'll try to this time, and I'll definitely link back here to my "source" :-D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.