Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Dear Ryan! I just got my yellow Sulawesi and they are awesome! Thank you so much! :D

I got five of yellow ones; they all look great and active. But there was Snail Number Six in your package, and it is obviously something else and got there by accident. Can you tell me what it is? I hope the picture is clear enough for you to tell.

Will they crossbreed? What should I know about this guy?

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Do the Sulawesi snails really need to be in water that is between 80-85F? None of my tanks are that warm (most of my tanks are between 76-78F) and I was wondering if it would be possible to keep them healthy at the lower temps or if I should just go for the nerites.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool. That is another type of snail that I received in my shipment. I have not put it for sale yet. Unfortunate that it died. It wouldn't have interbred anyhow.

I highly recommend that these snails not be in water below 78F. Their natural habitat is warm water so it is best to replicate it.

Very happy to hear that you got the snails though :) Yes they are really cool, I love them. Post some photos of the yellow ones if you can :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
I am very interested in purchasing some nerite snails, however, I am unsure which ones to purchase. I have heard of the amazing cleaning capabilities of the zebra, yet the horned ones are described to clean just as well on the website. Would the horned nerites be able to perform just as well, if not better than zebras for the fact that they are smaller and therefore can clean leaves?

Also, I have read elsewhere online that snails should be kept at pH above 7.0. In a planted tank, the pH is usually below 7.0 as a result of CO2 addition. Would this result in any problems? If so, how can it be corrected?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Ryan,
Do you have the Nerite snails above in stock? I can't find them in the snail section in the store. Am I looking in the wrong spot?

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
I'm only seeing the Zebra, ZigZag and Horned Nerites. I like the swirled and the granite. Do you have those?

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Got my Zebras today. All are very active (even the extras) and look great. Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts