Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey CAPErs,

I've got some exciting news! This fall, we're going to be holding an event along with our neighbors the Norwalk Aquarium Society (NAS). They hold their annual show/auction every year in conjunction with the CT Betta Club (CBC), but apparently the betta guys are doing something else this year and we've been given their former room to hold whatever event we choose.

As to what that event might be? That's why I posted this thread—we need to brainstorm ideas, and come up with something that's so awesome that hobbyists from all the surrounding states want to come and see. We're hoping to use the opportunity to fundraise for the club, too, so please come up with things that won't cost a ton of money to set up, and have the potential to either draw in more members or increase our funds.

So, what do you guys think? What are you willing to volunteer to help out with, and what do we have the manpower to pull off successfully?

My thoughts include a planted tank show, and/or an auction, though I'm not exactly sure when we might hold said auction... this is a Sat/Sun event, and NAS starts their auction at 11 or noon Sunday.

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
This is exciting news indeed!

I'm all for it. What a great way to get our name out there.

What is the exact date of the event? It is great we know so long in advance. This will give us all time to grow plants to show off.

I was speaking with Madeline and she suggested we try get sponsorship from local pet stores. We could ask them for driftwood/tanks/rocks etc... and have their names in full view. It would take some effort and some official fliers/work to do, but we have enough time between now and fall.

I'd like to get at least one display of each type of aquarium setup ready for the show. So, one soil tank, one dutch style, one emersed, one shrimp & plant tank, one nano planted tank, one iwugami (spelling?), etc...

I think we should get a signup sheet passed around and figure out who is doing what setup. Lets get this formalized within the next week or so to give everyone time to get it started.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts