Aquatic Plant Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Bump for a great seller! Good portions, excellent packaging, prompt shipment, super communications, and best of all beautiful plants that traveled 3000 miles and looked like they just came out of his tank.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Porto Vehlo and 'low grow' are not the same plant for sure. Pretty sure Roraima is also inside my club, and the plants are not the same grown side by side.

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Porto Vehlo and 'low grow' are not the same plant for sure. Pretty sure Roraima is also inside my club, and the plants are not the same grown side by side.
That was kinda of an inside joke LOL. You'll notice I listed my version of the plant as Hygrophila sp. hoc (houseofcards). I don't know about the Staurogyne sp low grow, but I've seen Roraima and Porto look the same. The plant finder did update to now include Roraima and Porto as 'apparently' the same plant but possibly from a different importer or location. I don't know if anyone can be 100% 'sure' if they different or 'exactly' the same.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
That was kinda of an inside joke LOL. You'll notice I listed my version of the plant as Hygrophila sp. hoc (houseofcards). I don't know about the Staurogyne sp low grow, but I've seen Roraima and Porto look the same. The plant finder did update to now include Roraima and Porto as 'apparently' the same plant but possibly from a different importer or location. I don't know if anyone can be 100% 'sure' if they different or 'exactly' the same.
Ahh! :)

I can tell low grow apart from the other two at this point (in person anyhow), but not sure I could tell you which is Roraima and which is Porto Vehlo... or if they are the same or different. Low grow is larger - by far - and never seems to show those undertones of reds/purples. Low grow stems are light, almost white, and while the leaves are the same general shape they seem nearly twice as large in overall scale.

In any event, sorry for the hijack - someone buy the plants here! :p

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ahh! :)

I can tell low grow apart from the other two at this point (in person anyhow), but not sure I could tell you which is Roraima and which is Porto Vehlo... or if they are the same or different. Low grow is larger - by far - and never seems to show those undertones of reds/purples. Low grow stems are light, almost white, and while the leaves are the same general shape they seem nearly twice as large in overall scale.

In any event, sorry for the hijack - someone buy the plants here! :p
I year ya! It's funny the pic of the Roraima above was in one of my smaller tanks and it has those nice undertones you mentioned. I also have it now in my 4ft tank (see pic below) with pretty much the same specs and I'm seeing much bigger leaves some are as long as 3".

No problem on the hijack (unusual bump) All plants are sold. Thanks All!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.