Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody!
Hope you're all recovering from any storm damage and all your tanks made it through unharmed. :)

Just wanted everybody to know I'm cleaning out the fishroom tomorrow and planning on getting rid of some things. Free to a good home if anyone wants them, or else I'll toss the leftovers. Among the things I'll be parting with are:

-30g tank (holds water) + substrate (blend of aquasoil, pea gravel, and turface)
-iron stand for 10g tank
-20g long tank (has a crack, but would be excellent for an emersed setup)
-stand(s) for 29g, 20L, or 37g tank
-the stand that came with my 120g tank (I didn't trust it to hold a tank of that size, since it's particle board, but someone might be able to make use of it for something else)
-Bags of gravel & sand
-misc. hoods, T12 light strips
-Undergravel and HOB filters and parts (no guarantee the HOB motors work, but they can easily be fixed)
-Whatever other random stuff I run into along the way that I can't use

Swing by around 2pm if you want anything. First come first serve. Also, free plants to anyone who sticks around and helps me move stuff. Yes, I am bribing you. :mrgreen: PM me if you need the address.

As for the next CAPE meeting... would the group prefer Dec. 1 or Dec. 8 for the Fish Food-Making Feast Fest? (And does anyone have a better name to call it?) I know it was going to be this weekend, but I've got so much stuff going on right now that I can't host any actual events. Hoping after this weekend that things will be orderly enough to plan the meet. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I assume people will be going to Karen's on the 9th...
Any other feedback for date preference?
Any input on fish food fest prep yet? I was thinking about bringing a spare blender in addition to fixins~
Julie

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As long as it's a blender you don't mind breaking, that would be wonderful. Leslie's sent us an ingredient list to work with, which I will distribute after all this turkey business is over.

Current situation re:schedule is thus: His Manliness (Lord and Master of our Home and Castle) demands that I get rid of stuff I'm not using to free up space before I'm permitted to schedule a new meeting. Thus my hope that some stuff would disappear on the 17th... Anyway, I'll attempt to creatively shuffle some things and whatnot and see if I can persuade HiM(L&MoOHAC) to let me schedule stuff.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You could combine the fish food fest with dumping more items. People would be there - A better chance to unload things... Along with our solemn vow not to bring you more stuff? Do you think His Manliness would buy that?
Worth a try at least :)

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"Dumping" is such a negative term. :p I prefer to see it as finding new loving homes for used items. Or something. :mrgreen:

All kidding aside, it is perfectly functional stuff—the stands came with the tanks that are now sitting on various racks, for instance. There's no reason someone can't use them for their own tank setup; I just don't need them and they take up a ton of space. The 30g doesn't match any of my other tanks, so it's hard to fit on a rack and I don't want to devote any extra floorspace to it.

But, yes, I do plan to give away stuff during the food meeting. It would have been nice if there was a Sandy relief thing already organized for me to donate to (some members of the clubs down in Jersey apparently lost the entire contents of their fishrooms :(), but since that's still in the planning phase, I unfortunately can't give it all away at once.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice idea for Sandy victims - All I can find is the NY Aquarium references in a search. You can always contact schools - Perhaps a biology class would appreciate a tank in their room for fish, critters, etc. Nursing homes too, providing someone would care for the tank. We could set it up as a club, maybe as a class presentation. Just thinking!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts