Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone think about holding the February meeting at a restaurant or LFS in the Cinci area? Jim and I talked today and neither one of us can hold the February meeting and I don't know if it would be fair to ask Rob to hold it again. If anyone else wants to host (instead of having the meeting in a public place) let us know!

I was thinking a late afternoon meeting on Sunday would be nice. Maybe meet at a restaurant or LFS around 5:00 or so then head to the GCAS meeting afterwards. The 5:00 pm start time may be a problem with a LFS but we could always end the meeting at 5pm and then go get something to eat and head to the GCAS meeting.

Any and all input is appreciated ;)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Maybe, if you all wanted, you could come up this way. This would be cool, especially if i can source Lauren a tank. Just an idea. If you are interested I can probably make it work.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be cool with me! Remember February is a short month so the meeting is not that far off.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Not long enough by far. I'll be 30 in 17 days :)

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a follow up post for the February meeting...Does anyone have any input on the location, time or date? There are only two weekends left in February.

·
Registered
364 Posts
My suggestion is to pick a restaurant off the Winton Road exit like Golden Corral, Skyline or something and meet there at 5:30. Anyone that wants to show up can come and then we can all go to the GCAS meeting after. We don't even need a structured meeting. We can bring plants to swap if you want, but mostly just sit around, bullcrap, and enjoy the company. :drinkers:

·
Registered
601 Posts
There's actually a BW3's right off the Winton Rd exit. Get off I-275 like you were going to the fish meeting. You'll cross over the overpass and turn left at the traffic light by the Marathon station. There is a big horseshoe shaped shopping complex with mostly closed stores. If you think of the shopping complex as an upside down U, BW3's is at the bottom left. I think you can see it from the highway.

I throw this option out there, because it's a pretty roomy place and it's less likely that everybody in the restaurant will be able to hear our every word and stare at us funny. :rolleyes:

2/26 is two weeks from today.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rwoehr said:
2/26 is two weeks from today.
Since we haven't heard back from Sean and Lauren about holding the meeting in Columbus yet, we could either have it on the 26th or the 19th. The 19th would be nice so I could attend the GCAS meeting also though I really don't care for the meeting topic "Saltwater fish compatability. I guess the day we hold the meeting really doesn't matters much to me. I definately think we should hold it at a public place since no one has volunteered to host (except Sean and Lauren of course).

·
Registered
395 Posts
With it being a short month i dont think Columbus will work. Lauren's 21's is the last weekend and this weekend is too soon. I have also not been working much at my part time job because of SWOAPE and MINI meetings. Oh well, soemtimes you got to have fun right? ;)

Maybe next month.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tracy was asking me where our next meeting was going to be held and I told her we hadn't decided yet. She suggested we hold it at our place which was a bit of a shock to me. I didn't figure she would want a bunch of people in the house with a new baby but I guess I was wrong, again ;)

Seems we now have two options for the meeting, Saturday the 25th at my house or either of the next two weekends at a restaurant in the Cincy area. I have family coming for a visit this Saturday so I wonl't be able to attend a meeting then. I don't mind hosting at all and that will keep me out of the LFS in Cinci and out of trouble :) Just let me know whether you prefer my place or a restaurant in Cinci and we can get the ball rolling.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I won't be there on the 25th. My birthday :)

·
Registered
964 Posts
I would like to go to the GCAS meeting. That way maybe Jim and I and whoever else could take a trip to Cincy Discus if they are open! :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have an all-day class on February 25th so I can't make it either. Sad, I was really looking forward to it.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does anyone else have an opinion on the meeting? I don't have to host it, I just wanted to throw that option out there :)

Damon and Sandy,

Since the two of you are the only ones who have replied thus far, would either of you two be able to make a Sunday meeting? Holding a meeting at a restaurant would be a nice option.

If anyone other than Erik wants to go to Cinci Discus, I believe they are only open noon to 4pm on Saturdays and Sundays so we would need to plan accordingly.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Alas not for a cpl of months. (Dart season is over in april).

·
Registered
601 Posts
MatPat said:
Does anyone else have an opinion on the meeting? I don't have to host it, I just wanted to throw that option out there :)

Damon and Sandy,

Since the two of you are the only ones who have replied thus far, would either of you two be able to make a Sunday meeting? Holding a meeting at a restaurant would be a nice option.

If anyone other than Erik wants to go to Cinci Discus, I believe they are only open noon to 4pm on Saturdays and Sundays so we would need to plan accordingly.
I recommended BW3's before the GCAS meeting! Maybe I didn't post it loud enough. :)

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I must be getting "hard of reading" in my old age :)

BW3 sounds good to me. This Sunday (the 19th) is the GCAS meeting, so if we want to go to the GCAS meeting after our meeting we need to meet this Sunday. The GCAS topic is "Saltwater Fish Comptibility" so maybe it won't be of much interest to us and we can just stay at BW3 a bit longer :drinkers:.

How did they come up with the name BW3 anyways? Shouldn't it be BW2, since Buffalo Wild Wings only has two W's in it????

·
Registered
601 Posts
I didn't realize the meeting wasn't the last Sunday in February. That pushes things up for me.

BW3's used to stand for Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck. Weck is the German Kimmelweck roll used as the sandwich bread.

I'll be getting to this month's meeting a little bit early, because I'd like to BAP some Cherry Barbs and both Shelly & I have tanks to purchase as well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Has a time and place been established. I am going to the GCAS meeting because I will be picking up some fish. I am OK with any place and time.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts