Aquatic Plant Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Sweet post! I guess dealing in what I deal with it never occurred to me that the rules still apply when I get home and play in the aquariums off the clock.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
With Hygro. polysperma and others so listed it is illegal to transport them and to ship them across state lines. The main thing with plants like this, such as water hyacinth, just make sure that if you have too much or are simply tired of it you destroy the plant (trash it) instead of releasing it into a water or wetland (or anywhere for that matter). Also be aware of state laws. Ie, it is illegal to posses water hyacinth and the Cryptocoryne that's growing in San Marcos River (not supposed to collect specimens) in Texas, much less trade and ship it. That said, a warden is not going to ticket you for having it in your stock pond or home aquarium...just use good judgement (or alternative spelling...hee hee hee...just kidding...). On the plus side, the two plants I just mentioned for Texas are currently under relative control compared to a few years ago.

BTW - I have dozens of Hygro. polysperma cuttings for sale if you're interested (I've had way too much coffee today)!!! Hah!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.