Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I feed my Cherries and CRS Wardley shrimp pellets formula. I know it's not meant for shrimp, but is it safe for my shrimp? I forgot what ingredients I can not feed them. What foods can I feed them from my local big chain pet stores?

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
You need to make sure there is no copper in the food in any form as that is very dangerous to shrimp. I'm not sure if the Wardley is safe, it's not a food I use.

I use Hikari crab cuisine for hermit crabs and my shrimp (and snails) love it. It's got plenty of calcium and is made for inverts so I figure it's better than fish food for my shrimp.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I agree with all the above posts, you can feed them any fish food as long as there's no copper in them. Mine love algae wafers, Hikari Crab Cuisine, and frozen food;)

·
Registered
296 Posts
its safe, its a bonded compund that wont break down into its base elements. Its straight up copper that hurts them.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I checked the label. I see copper sulfate near the end of the list. Is that also unsafe?
Copper sulfate is unsafe. Copper sulfate is the active ingredient in some of the copper-based ick medicines...the very same medicines that are extremely toxic to shrimp. I personally would not put anything in my shrimp tank that had copper sulfate listed as an ingredient.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts