Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often do you guys feed your fish? I was wondering on mainly cardinal tetras. I feed mine twice a day, staple food in the morning and protiens in the evening.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have cardinals too, and I feed them usually once a day. I alternate between high quality flake food and store-bought frozen foods, which are usually brine shrimp, blood worms, mysis shrimp, or daphnia. Two or three times a month they might get live brine. This goes for all of my fish.

I haven't found much of a reason to deviate from this, except in the case of rearing fry. I might feed fry two or three times a day with frozen baby brine/daphnia or finely crushed flake.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Once a day for me, unless it's fry or a breeding pair.
I even make the poor adults fast about once a week, much to the Cichlids dismay. ;-)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I feed my 15 Cards & 3 Har. Rasboras 2-3/day, but onlt in small amounts. Hikari Micro Pellets and Hikari flakes.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
2-3 times daily, usually lots of high protein foods. Growing out discus in a planted tank. The other fish love it too.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
I feed a variety of foods: pellets, flake, frozen, dried. 4 times a week I feed once a day & 3 times a week I feed twice a day. On occasions I feed live brine/blackworms. My bottom feeders/algae eaters get feed once to twice a week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts