Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
I don't want to join up with AquaQuotient... why don't you C&P and tell us about it here. This is not a good way to drive membership to a site.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Good day, thanks for your comments.

This sampling exercise is carried out via AquaticQuotient in Singapore during Aquarama, held next week in Singapore.

The purpose of the post is to inform everyone about the event, the product and the exercise. There are many members of APC who also happens to be members of AquaticQuotient. Anyone of them who is visiting the show, will be able to get the free sample with the coupon.

If you are visiting the show, but do not wish to join AquaticQuotient, just look for me at the booth. I will gladly give you a set.

More product information here >>

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I think the point of the matter is you should post the information here too. A lot of APC members are based in the US and Canada and as much as we'd like to jet off to SG for a weekend to enjoy Aquarama it just is not gonna happen.

·
Registered
256 Posts
gnatster said:
I think the point of the matter is you should post the information here too. A lot of APC members are based in the US and Canada and as much as we'd like to jet off to SG for a weekend to enjoy Aquarama it just is not gonna happen.
You got that right. I live in Dallas and I have trouble affording enough gas to get to Fort Worth for a trip to the zoo! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings,

I'm currently using Dennerle's fertilizer range of product, including V30, E15, FB7, S7 ... on weekly basis.

For cost reason, any suggestion for the equivalent switch using Ferka's product ?

I am using a Juwel 125 litre planted tank and likes stem and red plants like Rotala family.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi,

Thank you for your enquires.

FERKA is designed to be simple and yet complete as an Aquatic Plant Fertilizer Series. It is also priced at a very competitive rate so that the consumers enjoys a good quality product without having to burn a big hole in the pocket. Price range is about 1/4 - 1/3 of most branded fertilizers out there.

Using the product is simple. Aquatilizer being the main liquid fertilizer, is designed to replenish nutrients that are depleted more quickly and Balance-K with the micro and potassium, helps the plants to absorb the available nutrients more readily. You can choose to dose the liquid fertilizer daily or weekly. For your tank size, a 500ml Aquatilizer and BalanceK can last you about 30 doses, or 5-6 months. You certainly overdose without much worry if you have a lot of stems plants. The bottle comes with a pump where you can simply press 4-6 times daily as maintenance dosage. You don't have to give special instruction to your wife or mum when you are away for days.

To boost the growth for heavy eaters and plants with very established root systems in a matured aquarium, you can try Rosetta and Stemma respectively. These are especially usefully when you have plants that uptake easily like the rotalas, echinodorus and cryptocoryne.

The base fertilizer Aquabase is unmixed, concentrated and weighs about 250gm per pack. For your tank size, 1 package is enough to last you for a year. If you intend to keep many big plants, use 2 - 3 packs.

A new FERKA product which is fundamentally Fe supplement will be rolled out in near future. For your tank size, you will just need 2-3 drops per water change.

Please visit http://www.greenchapter.com/eshop.php for more details on each product.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for advice. It sure looks like a cost-effective replacement ! May try it out !

Another question, does the fertilizer contains copper ... reason being I am trying hard to stabilize between my planted tank and Amano Shrimp (they are just lovely in the tank) , which I read from shrimp website that shrimps dies due to copper !

·
Registered
94 Posts
There is currently no FERKA distributor in the USA yet.

Until then, you can actually get from any online stores that carries the product. You can also email us your request and we will gladly pack and ship to you.

·
Registered
678 Posts
You beat me to replying here in the thread... it seems I was "mislead" by Laith and lorba. :)

So my original bump is correct... Ferka products are now available from both Aquaspotworld and Aqua Essentials.

Aquaspotworld's main office is located in Singapore, but the site is geared towards the American market and they ship to America:

http://www.aquaspotworld.com/index.php?module=gencontent&content=faqs#4

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/...ussions/26878-http-www-aquaspotworld-com.html

Again please accept my apologies for the misunderstanding. (Thanks a lot Laith! :))

·
Premium Member
2,309 Posts
Didn't mean to cause all this confusion! ;)

I was just pointing out that the company is Singapore based. That is no reason to assume that they don't ship internationally. Many companies ship goods internationally... :)

In fact, in my experience, the country with companies with the least tendency to ship overseas is the US, probably due to the fact that they have such a huge market without needing to sell internationally. This has improved tremendously over the past five years or so though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts