Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope you are all good and healthy

I have an enquiry regarding the Fertilator. I use fleet enema as a PO4 source but the calculator always gives me a 'NaN' result. What is this, a bug or am I being dozy? I'm using windows 2000 with IE6. Thanks for any advice offered.
Have a wonderful day and cheers for now.

Regards
Cameron James

·
Registered
89 Posts
Happy I justed tried it. Put in a 20 gallon tank volumn, select Fleet Enema and hit the calculate button. If you don't enter how many teaspoons it does the NAN figure. If you enter 0 as the dose it gives a result of 0. I think you need to put in how much Fleet you are dosing to determine how much ppm you are adding.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Well, I am fairly certain it is incorrect. I know the ml function for fleet does not work and if I enter in .25tsp, which equals ~1ml for a 10 gallon tank I get a PO4 of 26.09ppm. I am certain this is incorrect. Steve Pituch's site has the calculations for dosing fleet. Basically, .3ml fleet is 1ppm in 10 gallons. so there for .25tsp or 1ml should give me a littel over 3ppm in my tank. If your bettar at math than me go to his site and check this.

HTH:)

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
We will be looking into the problems with the Fleet in the next version due out in a few weeks. Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I was playing around with this fertilator for the first time today and I am experiencing the same problems decribed here. I did get the NaN once, but the other times it just miscalculates the PPM. For example it says that 2ml Fleet will give somthing like 20ppm in a 55Gallon tank, which is way off.

Other than that I think that this can be a very usefull tool it may almost convert me over from Chucks calculator. Thanks for letting us use it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts