Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Tropism, the Fertilator was recently upgraded to improve its functionality and to take care of a number of known bugs. As far as we've been able to tell with our early testing, all of the calculations and features are working correctly.

If you notice any additional bugs, or would like to suggest an improvement, feel free to leave feedback below.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Thanks for the hard work - how do I make a feature request? ;)

It would be great if it was able to do dKh calculations for baking soda (right now, I run over to RC...).

Just a thought - and thanks again.

- Jeff

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi there,

Is the NO3 ppm result from Ca(NO3)2.H2O correct? I made my own calculation and it does not seem to be correct. How did you calculate the NO3 ppm?

The Ca ppm calculation is correct though.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Sorry gibmaker, I missed the message. I'm surprised no one else responded. Hopefully you figured it out already, but for the sake of others that might have this question in the future:

If you're talking about the dry powder, that should be "Iron (Fe) 10% DPTA". I don't know if there are other dry chelated iron compounds out there, but that's what's being sold by AquariumFertilizer.com and Rex Grigg at bestaquariumregulator.com. If it's not one of those you'd have to do your own calculations based on the instructions that came with your iron and see if it matches up with the Fertilator numbers.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Jeff,

I'd like to have dKH calculations in there somewhere too. The original source code to the program has apparently been lost for a while though, and the only method I have of making changes is... rather limiting. I don't think I'd be able to add buttons or text boxes or rearrange stuff. I haven't even figured out how to change the version number shown on the program. :( Frustrating.

For the time being it looks like we're limited to just adding fertilizer compounds or fixing incorrect calculations.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Which brings me to....

Shad0w, I think you're right. Ca looks ok, but NO3 is too high. Since the percentage of NO3 by weight is 52.513%, 1 gram of Ca(NO3)2.4H2O in 1 liter of water should give you 525.1 ppm NO3, not 796.1 ppm. (That's what you came up with too, right?) It's not just the "Get concentration from chemicals added" page that's affected either. It seems to be everwhere Ca(NO3)2.4H2O is used. I'm not sure how the original calcs were done, but I'll try to get it fixed and send it to the APC people.

Thanks for pointing this out!

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Unless you're specifically buying anhydrous MgSO4 (such as from a laboratory chemical supplier) you're actually getting MgSO4-7H2O, virtually guaranteed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I guess there is a typo, which has lead to mistake...
Gypsum is not (CaSO4)2 x H2O, but CaSO4 x 2H2O.
Ca=23.28% (General Gypsum Information).
Enter 100L, 1 tsp of CaSO4x2H2O (3.1g), and you will get 8.56ppm instead of 7.6128ppm, it's x1.2 difference :confused:
Take a look please...

·
Registered
596 Posts
Tropism,

When you select:

Conversion of tbls/tsp/Dash/Pinch/Smidgeon/Gram

KN03 is listed as form = Pellets

Any possibility of changing that to powder since it would probably change the numbers a bit?

Thanks,

Henry

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey,
I realy enjoyed the ease of use of the Fertilator!

I was wondering if you can add the Easy-Life Profito to the calculator??
If needed, i'd be willing to contact Easy-Life for info regarding the conetents and PPMs.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I try the new fertilator, but i think there is someting not correct with the Fe calculation for TPN plus.
Fe in TPN+ = 0.07%. Adding 1 ml TPN+ to 10L water should be 0.007ppm Fe.
But in Fertilator it become 0.07ppm.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for the excellent job on Fertilator 4.0!

I'm dosing a number of items and the calculations are accurate, but could you check the Flourish Iron calculation? Maybe the current formulation changed or Seachem varies concentration by bottle?

The 250 ml bottle I just bought says 5 ml per 200 L = 0.10 mg/L.

Fertilator 4.0 says 5 ml per 200 L = 0.25 mg/L.

Thanks,
Alan

·
Registered
819 Posts
Tropism,

When you select:

Conversion of tbls/tsp/Dash/Pinch/Smidgeon/Gram

KN03 is listed as form = Pellets

Any possibility of changing that to powder since it would probably change the numbers a bit?

Thanks,

Henry
I don't think this question ever got answered. I was wondering the same thing, if you could add powder form. I weighed the powder form and it's not the same as pellets.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.