Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
According to the fertialator flourish only has iron in it. Not sure that's accurate. And it doesn't include flourish trace. This might have been covered before. But, I'd really like to be using it...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can another row be added after the iron to include some other mixes like Equalibirum etc? Currently I do use Equalibrium to adjust GH including calcium and iron additives. But there is no way to show what All my ferts add to without manually adding what my does of equalibrium does by manually calculating what it does in either the iron or calcium tab.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I just registered so I could use the Fertilator. I'm sure you get requests to add products frequently, but if you happen to update it with new products could Kent Marine Super Chelated Iron be added as well as PMDD trace elements, for calculating iron?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Everyone,
First off...maybe I'm misinterpreting something...but from what I can tell, in regards to selecting Seachem products, the results don't always match up with those provided by the Seachem Dosing calculator that is available from their site.

For example, the Fertilator indicates for a 12 US gallon tank, 5mL of Fourish Nitrogen would result in 7.26ppm of NO3.

On the Seachem dosing calculator with the same volume (12 US gallons), entering current Nitrogen at 0ppm and target level of 7.26ppm would require 21.8 mL of product.

5mL verses 21.8mL is quite a difference. Can someone shed some light on why these values are so different?

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Hi PlantFanatic,

First of all "Welcome to APC"! When you have an opportunity introduce yourself and tell us a little about your tank(s).

I think the discrepancy in the two results can be explained by the statement at the bottom of the Seachem Dose Calculator where basically it says:
If using a "Nitrate Equivalent" value for Current and Desired nitrogen levels, divide the result by 5.
Dividing the Seachem values by 5 will provide similar results to the Fertilator number.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for the warm welcome!

Well that explains it! I use the mobile app of their calc and never noticed that "i" at the bottom for additional information. I had a feeling I was missing something because other values did match up on both calculators.

Thank you for the clarification.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I came here because I noticed the same thing as PlantFanatic. Yes, dividing by five, as if I were using an equivalent, does give me closer results to what the Seachem calculator gives me. However, I'm not choosing an equivalent. I'm choosing Flourish Nitrogen.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.