Aquatic Plant Forum banner

EI or PMDD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am contemplating/learning the different fert regimes/approaches and I am curious what the folks involved in DFWAPC use. Any specifics you could give would be greatly appreciated IE: tank size, % water changes and frequency, tap or RO, watts per/G, duration of lighting. I realize approaches vary but I would appreciate learning what each of you do.

Kim

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the input! I placed an order at GLA for their fert package micros & macros plus MgSO4 (I realize i could get epsom salts at the pharm but I figured why not). Orlando is incredibly nice and fast just like everyone said.

I have Seachem on hand in the interim (already had it - so don't rag on me). I love the results I'm seeing in your tanks with EI but I must admit I'm tending toward the stability of PPS-Pro. I forsee weeks where staying on a schedule of weekly 50% water change could be difficulty. Also, coming from a family of water conservators (engineers, biologists, geologists) living in drought ridden Texas.

Has anyone every jumpstarted a tank with EI and then transitioned to PPS or other?

Kim

I'm going to try to start a tank journal in the next few days.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks to everyone for all their posts. I received my ferts from GLA and will be picking up a scale at Harbor Freight then mixing pps-pro solutions in Hydrogen peroxide bottles (thanks supersmirky). I am still tempted by the fast growth of EI but will have to try that with another tank or other time. Yes another tank is on the horizon as the forum has fed my MTS but who knew it would happen so fast.

So on a new PT when did you start your fert regime? How did you know when? I have read alot and it seems that on average it is 2-3 months before serious dosing happens.

Kim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.