Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
I just used the willow method a few weeks ago, worked like a charm(coupled with better mechanical filtration with polyester stuffed in filter). Water is now unbelievably clear. I actually upgraded my lighting to very high levels during my willow treatment, did not make it worse.

My willow branches(very thin new growth from my backyard pond) did not do anyting during the first week, just dropped the emersed grown leaves. But they started to grow roots like crazy after the first week and the water cleared up within a week.

·
Registered
323 Posts
fishyface said:
blackout clears green water in 2-3 days...
I don't want to miss seeing the tank for even a day, hehe. It was never too bad due to good mechanical filtration. I even have a UV, too lazy to hook it up on this tank. Putting in a few willow branches is the least work for me.

·
Registered
323 Posts
It is hard to imagine that the willow can even kill bacteria :)
Maybe your white cloudiness is the initial stage of green water. Most green water starts out as white cloudiness, and it can remain that way for quite some time.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I can send you a few willow branches from my backyard dwarf willow. PM me your address, you pay $5 shipping only.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Oleg said:
Hi Gumby,

Sorry to hear that. Did you use first year branches or older? Green branches (first year) probably will not develop roots and will just rot. This is what I have read, anyway.
I have only used new branches. they worked fine, just dropped the old leaves and grew new ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.