Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
I've been struggling with green water for the last 9 months or even 1 year (I cannot recall exactly how long) in my outdoor tank. I didn't take any action against the algae because it went away by itself in the past but not the recent case. The situation was so bad that all the hornwort and elodea had to be thrown away because algae grew all over them leading them to rot.

Recently, I tore down another indoor tank to be rescaped and happened to have a lot of Java ferns. At the same time, I took back some unwanted plants from my friend. I also transfered some Salvinia into the tank. It seems like the algae on the glass are dying off slowly and green water has disappeared. The amount of plants are really a lot. The extra nutrients must have been absorbed by a large number of plants to overcome the algae issue.

·
Registered
820 Posts
The problem with daphnia in a tank with fishes is the daphnia would be eaten up before they could consume any green algae...hahaha. It only makes sense for a tank without any fish but I would not have any tank without any fish in the first place as I could be in a big trouble for breeding mosquitoes (this is illegal in many places or ....should I say it's illegal everywhere??).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.