Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
If this information is true, God Bless you.

I've been dealing with GW for more than a week. I've tried water changes of up to 80% in my 29 Gal. tank (twice a week), but the water immediately turns green again. It's very frustrating. First it was BGA (which lasted more than 2 months), and now it's GW. Frankly, I'm getting a little tired. I would love to see a crystal clear tank with healthy plants and fish again, and do water changes just once a week like I used to.

Currently, I'm giving my tank a 3 day blackout just to see if it gets rid of it, but if it doesn't, I'll definitely try this out. Judging from your pictures, it worked for you. I just hope that it will work for me and many other people who seem to be experiencing this problem.

Lissette :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I hope that it works. I'm a bit skeptical because I've read positive and negative feedback regarding blackouts for GW. So I'm just praying that when I uncover my tank on Saturday, that the water is clear.

Otherwise, I'm off to find a Willow tree.

Lissette

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yippe! No more gw! You were right, a blackout did wonders for my tank. What a joy to see the water clear again. My fish actually winked at me today ;-).

Lissette :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.