Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
Gumby said:
Meh, I had the branches in my tank for 5 days. Still have green water and some dried out willow branches. About half of them died, and the ones that lived never sprouted leaves.

I gave up on trying that one, I'm too impatient. I borrowed a UV sterilizer from a friend... anyone know how long it'll take to clear up the water?
I wonder if you left the lights on when you put the branches in?

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
apisto said:
WEll,

I've have read this discussion in Holland to, but what if instaed that the willow consumes nutrients ( NH4 ), it is the acetylsalicylic acid from the willow (remember this is the stuff in aspirin), what indeed is doing the trick?

It would be a challange to see if that is the case or it is just the uptake of NH4, in that case there should be other plants that can do this to..
Oleg - thank you for the response. I was actually asking Gumby if he had left the lights on. I was thinking perhaps he overlooked the willow branches needing the light to root as I would assume they do.

I would likely suspect it is the nutrient uptake because of the evidence that the green water does not start clearing until visible roots form on the willow branches.

As a side note I'm trying this now and I'll post my success or lack there of soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.