Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, It looks like it's been a while since anyone's posted here, but since the thread been going for a few years, I'll see if anyone's still out there. I just set up a 135 gallon tank w/40gallon sump. The water has started turning green. Not bad yet, but it is there. Anyway, I have LOTS of Willows available, but here's my question: It seems the tanks clear up as the roots develop. Would it work, or speed up the process any if I were to just use a piece of willow root right from the start? For most people the branch would be easier, but I have a huge willow that a storm recently blew over and access to roots is quite easy. Thoughts? Also, the tank has only been going for about a week, and the substrate has been disturbed several times. Could this even just be part of normal cycling? I'm new to the whole planted tank thing. I'd be happy to give more info if anyone is out there is interested. I have read all 20 pages in this thread, so for now my question isn't how to get rid of the GW, but whether or not using the root will be any faster than the branch, or if it will even work at all.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.