Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
How does the noise of the Eheim and Renas compare to that of an Aquaclear. How noisy is the Rena really? I have been contemplating what filter to get for a 30 gal also. The olny thing I think of with the Eheims is the flow flow rate. I know this means that they are a more efficient filter but I think I would rather have the ability to run an inline CO2 difuser and have enough water flow to help wiht algae growth and to get from one side of the 30 gal to the other. My thinking has been that regardless of how efficient a filter is (ie, amount of water bypass throught the filter media) you still need the flow rate that will bring the waste to the filter.

So, I guess my question to add ot this topic is " how much flow is needed for a 30 gallon?"

Oh, and what is the problem with the Fluvals?
Sorry if I seem to be taking over this topic keef:)

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Anyone have any experience with the eheim ECCOs. They seems nicer and the price is better but I can't find the flow rate for them. The eheim website does not even say. Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.