Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
I've been using eheim classic canisters for some time and consider them great products. But in general, a small canister filter would be perfect such as the Rena XP1 or Eheim 2211 or 2213.

Hope that helps
Giancarlo Podio

·
Registered
739 Posts
Let the Eheim war beggin! :wink:

Just kiddin', seriously, my lfs has received several returns of the Ecco filters due to people breaking the handle/priming mechanism. I'm not too delicate when it comes to opening and closing things and I know the classic and pro models can take everything I can throw at them. I have stayed away from the Ecco (22xx) series for this reason, I have no experience with them myself but others have told me they are not quite up to the same high standards as the other Eheim canisters. Plus the classic series can be had cheaper in most cases, doesn't have all the bells and whistles but it'll last a long time.

Anyone experienced the same issue with the supposedly delicate handle or hinges? Or is it just a matter of a few heavy-handed people that tore their handle off?

Giancarlo Podio

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.