Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I'm running an Eheim 2213 which I think is just not big enough but it might be, you tell me. With a large load of guppies in a 40g breeder tank, I'm beginning to think I need a larger/better filter. Do you think that what I've got is enough or should I get something more? If you think I should get a bigger filter then which one do you recommend?

Honestly I like Eheim but it's hard to filter the filter media around here where I live at. I do like being able to plumb like I want to but the hose is a little bit of pain sometimes.

·
Registered
926 Posts
A 2213 won't move enough water for a 40g breeder - I'd go for a 2215, or at least add some power heads.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Slapped a powerhead in the tank earlier this afternoon. Would it be ok to connect it directly to one of those Jungle Dirt Magnets or not?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just upgraded from a 2213 to a 2217 on a 29 gallon tank and I'm liking it a lot so far. Much better circulation in the tank and I'm hoping I wont have to clean the filter quite as much as I did with the 2213.

If I were you I would try a 2217. IMO the 2215 isnt that much of an upgrade over the 2213.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts