Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put in about 10 cherry shrimp that I got yesterday. As these were shipped, they were kinda small. I made sure I fed the fish and turned off light before releasing the shrimp. This morning I do not see a single shrimp. I found an empty shell of one in the front against the glass. Did all my "peaceful" guppies and tetra eat the shrimp ? :confused: I do not see any more shell, but since these were small it would be very difficult spot empty shell in the back of the tank. Unless these are extremely good hiders, there is no hope. Has this happened to any of you out there ? How do you release shrimp in a mixed tank ? From what I have read, it seems shrimp is almost always shipped small / juvi. I am almost itching to go and order more, but do want to make sure they wont end up as dinner again.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These were all juvenile, about a quarter inch each. I had a bunch of fully grown ghost shrimp in the tank before, the fishes never seemed to have cared for those. Two of those are still hanging out.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is my biggest problem right now, finding someone who will sell me shrimp larger than 1/2 inch. The ones I got were probably 1/4 inch. After almost 10 days I see a lone survivor camouflaged in Rotala Indica. I would be really surprised if I see more. I want to give it a second try with 10-15 more of bigger size and maybe get a higher number of survivors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts