Aquatic Plant Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
There is microsword growing around the rocks that is sending out shoots already... it should fill in and soften the rocks in time. I want to use glosso as well, it could be awhile before I can get any. Nobody wants to ship it up here in these months! Although I may make a trip to Vancouver soon and might be able to get some there. Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I like the natural wild look. Im glad the rotala macandra is doing well for you, it took a while for it to do okay in my tank.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
An update! The tank needs a trim, the macrandra and the wisteria (CRAZY weed!) need a trim very badly. I've added glosso and blyxa and wanted to take some pics of the glosso starting out. I just came back from 2 weeks out of town and now I'm also battling BBA GSA and BGA (it was there before, but now it's getting out of hand!). I think it's under control though, anyway... here's some new pics

And I bought a canopy, now it looks even better!

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
It's looking good! Your rocks have tamed down a bit. What do you think about moving your red plant to the right of the wisteria. Keep in trimmed going down at an angle as it gets to the point of your driftwood? Can you see it? It might be nice. Just an idea... :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Here's a new pic. I've had a few rounds with various algae, BGA, BBA and GDA. The blackout method I used for the BGA worked and killed the bacteria as well as the second round of glosso. I may need to try a new foreground plant. I think the algae may be coming from old light bulbs. I will be picking up some new ones tomorrow. The CO2 levels and nutrients are right where they should be and I get lots of pearling in the midday and afternoon. The plants are growing well, but I now seem to be having issues with the macrandra.

Here's a new shot:

You guys are right one with those rocks, I think I need to try to blend them in more. Maybe they'll get some moss or something.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
No new pics! Not yet anyway. I've added HC as a foreground now. Hopefully it does better than the glosso. It does a good job of blending the rocks with the gravel. I really like this little plant! So far the BGA is gone with no sign of coming back. I am still battling GDA and BBA though. I have my CO2 up as high as my fish can handle. I suppose it's time to cut back on the light cycle, it's currently 2 bulbs (54W T5HO) on for 6 hours on the back, followed by 2 bulbs (same kind) for 6 in the front. I think I'll try a break in the middle. Maybe starting with an hour?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dork?
Hmmmm?

Have you ever looked up the definition? :> )

Also:

I have the same bank of HO T5's
What rating of lamps are yours....ie. Kelvin ?

And which order and at what times do they fire up?

PS...........Your tank looks great !

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
my boyfriend calls me a dork but yet hes the one that had to have a fish tank after seeing mine. now he had two! and ones planted!!! so whos the dork now lol

21 - 39 of 39 Posts