Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi am wondering what kind of I should get for my 10 gallon. I really like apistos, but I am afraid that they are too big. is there a smaller kind of apisto? if not, I would like some kind of schooling fish that will breed easily. thanks!:D Everyone post please!:D

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sometimes fish that school perfectly well in a larger tank, just do not show the schooling behavior in a tank as small as a 10 gallon. Often they just scatter about.

The only apisto I would keep in a ten gallon is Apistogramma borellii. If you don't have other tanks that you want to move fry into to grow out I would only keep one male. The males are very beautiful.

I've also kept a group of eight pygmy corydoras in a 10 gallon. The females get to about an inch and the males only 3/4". I really like the golden WCMMs, but found them to be more sensitive than the regular WCMM.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Tex Gal's suggestions are all very good ones, and as Mud Pie Mama said, pygmy cory's are another good option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.