Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I'm stocking my 26 gallon planted aquarium, and wanted to make sure of what fish I'm going to be stocking it with.
What do you think of.

15 Rummy Nose Tetras
7-8 Ottos
6 Red Cherry Shrimp

Would this work? Does anyone else have any other ideas on fish or just what I could do to improve it?

Also, for my pH and hardness..
pH: 6.8-6.9 (It will be at 7.0 soon, it only dropped a bit because my pressurized CO2 wasn't working, so I had it running on DIY, and I didn't have an air pump going at night. Now I do though, so after a few water changes it'll be back at 7.0)
GH: Between 105-110mg/L. (I think that's 5.88-6.16 dH. Is dH what this site is measuring when in the KH part for the fish stats?)
http://liveaquaria.com/product/prod_...pcatid=901&N=0

My tank is fully cycled. It has been up and running for about 8-10 weeks now, and all of the parameters seem good.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
I think that looks like a good stocking plan - large groupings, few species. Make sure you feed the otos as likely with that size tank and that size of a group, they will need some supplementationa after a week or two.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I dont really understand what your asking about dH. GH (General hardness) measure dissolved Calcium and magnesium. KH measure carbonates and bicarbonates. KH is more of a function of pH, i think for fish the more important thing is GH

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
As long as your KH is stable and your pH is stable, the GH/KH shouldn't affect the fish you're choosing. Just acclimate them well before adding them to the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts