Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am setting up my first planted tank which will be a 20 long. I have done some research and this is the list of fish that I have come up with. To start off with the tank will just be rock, dwarf hair grass, baby tears, crispus, and some java moss.

(6) Golden White Clouds
(4) Sparkling Gourami
(4) Celestial Pearls
(2) Peacock Gudgeon
(2) Ottos
(2) Cherry Shrimp

Any advice would be appreciated. Do I need to add more of a particular type or less or is there anything in the list that will not do well with others etc?

Thank you.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Do plant the tank heavily right from the beginning.

Make sure that you have enough filtration for the tank and make sure that you load the tank slowly to make sure that the bacterial growth is able to handle the load.

I'd recommend increasing the otos to between 4 & 6. The Red Cherries will start multiplying like crazy very soon.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do plant the tank heavily right from the beginning.

Make sure that you have enough filtration for the tank and make sure that you load the tank slowly to make sure that the bacterial growth is able to handle the load.

I'd recommend increasing the otos to between 4 & 6. The Red Cherries will start multiplying like crazy very soon.
Thank you. :D I do need more otos now that you mention it. I am already thinking of my other tanks and friends I can give the cherry shrimp to if they really take off for me. I suppose I could use them as feeders if they get completely out of hand but it does not seem right using the little fellas as feeders in other tanks. :)

·
r'bow lover
1,658 Posts
Sounds like a nice little set up. All those fish are really cool and wonderfully colored. The shrimp will indeed get crazy, and although I did agree with you about feeding them off, they've gotten to prolific in my aquarium(s) I feed off some from time to time. I have leaf fish, a toadfish and a chaca chaca catfish who appreciate the meal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts