Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wild Angels will look superb. I've got some Peruvian 'altums' (actually Pt.scalare) that are superb, with red spotting and beautiful patterning on the sides and gill covers. However now that mine have paired my 3ftx1.5'x1.5' tank is only big enough for one pair. I'd start with 6 and see if they carry on getting on after they've paired as your tank is much taller and wider than mine so there's a chance.
Thanks Ed. Yes I would love to get the wild ones if I can acquire them. Do you recommend getting them as young as possible?

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great choice, but wild Angels need really soft low TDS water to thrive. How's the water in your area?
That's a good question Raul, luckily the tank is in New York City and the water is soft and acidic. I believe out of tap (PH high 6.5/6.8 and kh 2/3. Although with the New York pipe system so old who know what else is making it into the water.

Ed thanks again for that detailed information. That gives some good information. So it sounds lke if I place 6 or so in the tank from the getgo some might have to come out based on behavior.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.