Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a moderator, it is extremely embarrassing to be unable to refer a new member to our own plant encyclopedia. Yes, yes, I know all about the migration to the Google cloud and all the new security stuff. Nothing annoys me more than "new, improved, wonderful, secure" technology that does not work nearly as well as the old technology.

Just because you CAN change something doesn't mean that you SHOULD!

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
agree w/ Michael. Many people posting many problems- some going untouched and no reply to some.

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
Security is very important to the members of APC. Just think of all of the information that is here that needs protecting. Without robust security we might inadvertently allow non-members to learn how to reduce the threat of algae, to learn how to do a beautiful aquascape, or fertilize plants effectively. I shudder to think of the damage this could do.:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
5,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I check the forum twice a day almost every day. From now on it will be my mission to check the Plant Finder as well, and complain until it is fixed.

It still doesn't work.

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
not gonna lie
im literally on the forum 24/7, if someone posts something I open it up immediately lmao (considering im not busy)

Michael your taking a very risky duty. I hearby announce you, chief Michael! take this badge! *hands you a badge*

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I think the plant finder is custom code separate from the forum infrastructure. It'll take a real coder to fix the problem. You're not likely to see it operational in a while. These are Vertical Scope guys I'm assuming.

·
Super Moderator
5,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, digital compatibility is one of the great delusions of our time. None the less, the Plant Finder is an extremely valuable resource, and it is still down.

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
did someone say its still down?
omg.
guys.
Its still down....!

also I still cant use bold or italics

and I still cant check my notifications (likes) which are up to 5 now and its annoying the shi* out of me.

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
lol Michael
but ye everything thats already been complained still isnt working for me either ;D

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
I know a guy who works for a big wig company and has all the degrees in (EO I think its called?) anyway hes unlike anything ive ever seen before on my discord aquascaping server I can get him to fix this all in like a day tops for you :p

·
Super Moderator
5,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am still getting the old error message, so from my point of view there is no progress.

Is any of the technical staff paying any attention to this?

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
im pretty sure this forum has just taken its final swirl around the toilet.
thats a shame :/

1 - 20 of 32 Posts