Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my Milwaukee solenoid regulators has become stuck in the off position even when powered on. Is there some way to take it apart and repair it? Can I remove the solenoid entirely and leave the needle valve attached?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Use an ohm meter and check if the solenoid coil is open. If the coil is open you can get a new coil from a local industrial automation supplier. You can also probably get a new solenoid valve there as well. The CO2 system will work if you remove the solenoid vavle from the system but it won't shut off at night so you might want to run the CO2 level a little lower until you get the solenoid fixed. Don't forget to use some sealant on the threads when you remove the solenoid or you may end up with a leak.

Matt

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Matt.

Could you elaborate a little on what kind of sealant to use and where to get it from?

If I use a sealant can I later add the solenoid back, or will the sealant be difficult to remove?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was referring to liquid Teflon as the sealant. It won't cause any trouble if you are careful with it. A little goes a long way. :) You can find it a Lowes or Home Depot.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just try unscrewing your solenoid end. I did, check it out.

Decided to take apart my solenoid that was hanging in the open position even when power was off. Here are the results, I was actually really surprised with how simple it was once you get the cover off.

After testing a couple times after I had put the thing back together I heard that great 'ping' noise every time I plugged it in and unplugged it. When I tried to blow through it when it was unplugged there was no flow at all. needless to say I'm pretty happy about it. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts