Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping someone could suggest a dosage amount for the Fleets? Unfortunately, I think my phosphate kit is inaccurate as I just dropped several drops in a test tube, filled with tap water, and the reading was above 1 ppm, but below 2 ppm. Shouldn't that have been much much higher?

Anyway, would appreciate thoughts on dosage! Thanks!

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Piscesgirl,

Yes with a few drops in 5 ml. of water the reading should have been much above the test highest mark.

I'd say that your test kit is bad. 1 drop of Fleet in 1 gal of water gives approximately 0.5 ppm PO4. You can test that yourself by buying a 1 gallon jug of distilled water from the grocery store, putting a drop of Fleet in it and testing. Consider gettting a new test kit too.

--Nikolay

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a relatively new test kit, too :( I suppose I better put up my money and buy a Lamotte. Thank you for the dosage!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Magicmagni, I saved that link. I tried my phosphate kit again adding several drops to the tube, and it is junk. I went ahead and ordered the Lamotte, but I'm sending a check so it will be awhile until it arrives -- I'm not adding any more fleet until it comes. It really makes me mad that I kept thinking I only have .1 ppms of P04, when it could be anything!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts