Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here ordered plants from florida driftwood? I ordered plants last week and still haven't gotten them. The site stated they would not charge me until they shipped. The next day I was charged and still haven't received them. Shipping was priority mail(2-3 days). I have sent 3 emails and no responses. I also found a phone number on the site which just gives me a modem noise after 4 rings(like that old dial-up noise). I paid them through paypal and just started to wonder if I need to is there a way to stop payment?

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
I tried to order from them a few months ago. After 2 weeks, I still had nothing. I checked my bank account and found they never charged my card (lucky for me). I sent an email canceling the order and never heard from them, never got my shrimp or had my ccard charged.

I would contact Paypal and ask them to refund your money based on the above facts. It may or may not work, but it's worth a try.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sounds like they may have a fax on their business line, it is not uncommon for small business/home business people to do this. If you know somebody with a fax machine you could try to have them send a letter through and see if it transmits.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same thing happened to me. After my order sat for a while with nothing happening I canceled it, 2 weeks or so later My account was charged. When I tried to call him the first time he answered and said he would refund the money after that he quit answering the phone so I tried e-mail. The only e-mail I received from him he pretended like he played dumb. then I never could contact him again. Luckily my bank took care of me, and with any luck they can nail this guy. Just a warning to anyone thinking about shopping there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts