Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that when I first open a bottle of Flourish it has a light brown color and not opaque. By the time I finish with it, it has turned dark and has precipitates in the solution. For all you chemists out there, what kind of reactions are we looking at? I assume there are oxidative products being formed causing some of the chemicals to precipitate. Does anyone know if the efficacy of the bottle is compromised from this? I have always kept the opened bottle refrigerated.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I thought it was because it contained organic ingredients. Supposedly it doesn't do anything, except make flourish smell like soy sauce. The new bottles supposedly don't do this, but I have yet to see the new white bottles being sold anywhere.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I've used lots of the new white bottles and they do the exact same thing. Supposedly there's not an efficacy issue, but I throw out the last little bit usually because it just looks and smells nasty and I just don't like pouring nasty things into my tanks. I go through gallons of the stuff, though, and have always liked the product overall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts