I found hydrogen peroxide to be much safer and cheaper to rid yourself of all algae. I dose 100ml every day for a week in my 58 gallon, and have nearly zero algae in the tank. No I'll effects to plants or fish. Sorry for your loss, maybe this can be an alternative. Oh, and bba turns a fluorescent Orange after being treated with H202 (hydrogen provide).
They like all of my plants do very well. If you put it into a syringe and turn off your filtration while spot dosing you get very fast results. It will start to bubble (which is the H2O2 breaking down into H and O) and oxidize the algae.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.