Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I was wondering..
if I feed CO2 directly into Fluval 205 will i get close to 100% efficiency? I just got Fluval 205 and I don't really know how it works.

Does vacume get created inside the box?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm thinking of doing this with my 304.

I think it involves introducing the CO2 just below the "shaft support ring of the Impeller Cover" F8 refer the manual.

Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
584 Posts
It can be done. You would cut a small hole in the tubing for the filter and then use aquarium silicone to attach the CO2 tubing to it. The only thing is that this is permanent and you can get a large air bubble in the impeller which could stop the follow and destroy the burn out the motor. I wouldn't do it.

My suggestion would be to make or buy a CO2 reactor like what is in the DIY forum. It explains how it would be attached and everything in the sticky.

Alternatively you can attach an air stone to the CO2 tubing and put it below the intake of your filter and let it run through the filter like that. Many people do this but I think the best way with the most efficiency is the reactor.

Depending on the size of your tank you can also us a Seachem Reactor 500 system. There will probably be many more suggestions but these are mine, hope it helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts