Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Foofoo's ADA Mini-M

25K views 56 replies 22 participants last post by  chadly 
#1 ·
Well, I've had this tank waiting on me to set it up for some time. It took me about 2 months to get all of the equipment. It's kinda spars ATM because I'm just using extra plants from other tanks, not much hc bc it's just some I had growing in a window in an unfertilized jar with sand capped mud as the substrate :hihi: Before pictures, the boring part, the specs:

Tank
ADA Mini M (36X22X26 cm LXWXH)

Lighting
27 Watt 6500K hampton bay light

Filtration
Eheim 2213 with CAL Aqua Nano Lily pipes

CO2
Pressurized via 5LB tank with a Dazs Nano CO2 Diffuser

Substrate
ADA Aquasoil Amazonia

Fertilization
EI Method with Dry ferts

Stand
Cinder Blocks with a Pine board on the top

Hardsape
Manzanita Wood

Flora
Ammania sp. Bonsai
Anthraxon sp.
HC
Blyxa Japonica
Mystery Java fern

Possible Future Fauna
White Cloud Mountain Minnows
Otos
Snowball Shrimp
Amano Shrimp

Now, The more fun part:

See less See more
#44 ·
Some updates:

Courtesy of haagenize, In case you didn't know, I am also clwatkins10 over at ptf.

Yesterday I put in some more bolbitis, and moved a couple of plants.
I think it looks better, but still needs something

I also adjusted the 2nd branch of "the four" because the scape seemed too forced. I'll try to get pics up later today.

#46 ·
Here are those new pics. Looking back on the scape, it looks better IMO. The wrist strap on my camera always shows up in the reflection :icon_roll

The bolbitis has grown. I have not added any here
5-08 This is after a lot of growth:

This is today:

I like this angle

Here's an old pic that shows the detrius problem

#47 ·
Foofoo, your tank is looking great and the Bolbitus looks really good. I'm soon going to be doing my very first nano and I might borrow some of your ideas to help get me accustomed to smaller layouts. (Don't worry, I promise I won't publish any of it. ;) )

Great work!

-Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.