Aquatic Plant Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi Foos what light will you used in this aquariumn MH or t5ho if is MH will you going to used 2x70watts or 1 150watts i ask you this becaused i have a 90cm that i am going to used MH from fishneedit.com and i do not know hat to get jejejej

·
Registered
135 Posts
i have another question can i used 1 150watts 8000k MH from fishneedit.com and 2 36watts AHsupply with NA Lamp 36W PC fluorescent or the 2 70watts MH are better

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nice tank! Your plants look great! Where did all that anubias go?
I agree with everybody else, that is some amazing driftwood. I like the big mounds of Blyxa japonica. What's your foreground now? I thought the lawnmarsh pennywort was cool, did that not work out for you?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Thanks guys.
Nice tank! Your plants look great! Where did all that anubias go?
I agree with everybody else, that is some amazing driftwood. I like the big mounds of Blyxa japonica. What's your foreground now? I thought the lawnmarsh pennywort was cool, did that not work out for you?
The pennywort was fine, it just grew too fast, and I was always planning on having a foreground of eleocharis belem, which is what's in there now.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
When the stems grow out just a little more from that last trim and mix with the Crypts this tank is going to be so money. That Anubias patch was sweet, man. Keeps looking better and better. Love those Blyxa pics in your FS thread.
Yeah, I trimmed them really short so that I could get more of the new red growth. It looks kinda flat in that last picture.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Water change day. I also cleaned the filter. Boy did it need it haha.

Still trying to figure out that r. colorata..
I'm going to make some iron fert spikes to place in the substrate under the colorata and wallichi. Hopefully that will help things color up. I also ordered some chelated iron that I will dose to the water column.
I also added a k nano to the tank the other day, so I have a total of 1140 GPH in this tank. I added it because there were a couple of spots where water wasn't moving like I wanted it. Hopefully I have enough turnover in there now ;)

Oh, and if a mod gets the chance, could one of you guys change the thread title to "Foo's Rimless 48 Gallon Manzy Scape"?
Please and thank you :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
tank looks awesome. how much aquasoil did you use for your tank? im looking into getting some for my 29 gallon tank. and did you put it in with water in your tank already?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
tank looks awesome. how much aquasoil did you use for your tank? im looking into getting some for my 29 gallon tank. and did you put it in with water in your tank already?
Thanks, I used about 34 liters. I did put it in the tank with water already in it (no idea why I did, though. Talk about a pain)

21 - 40 of 54 Posts