Aquatic Plant Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
Got my stones from ADG today. Super nice rocks. Jeff did a great job picking out a nice assortment for me :D This driftwood will live on in my 40 gallon breeder- it's originally planned home.

The only thing that bothers me is the far left. Can't quite get that rock to fill in the space right. It looked good without a rock there, but the balance wasn't right. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
442 Posts
I agree it does look much better with the rock arangement you have now over the tree look. I am more partial to rock scapes than wood scapes.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Really nice dry start. I if I saw this earlier, I'd recommend you to just start another tank and keep the previous one.:D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Wow, talk about, growing in fast!
cant wait to see it under water.
One thing, the formations look like octopus! (is there a plural... octopuses, octopusie,..... octopi... mmm pie)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Wow, probably the best emersed scape I have ever seen! I love the staurogyne mixed with the hydrocotyle. Absolutely gorgeous, unconventional, and inspirational!

IMO you should throw in some giant hairgrass in the back. Or not :) Either way, it looks awesome.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Thanks guys. I have some tall hairgrass that I did have growing in this tank (not vivipara), but I took it out because I didn't want to have to worry about it invading the 'belem'
I'm wondering why everybody thinks this scape is so unconventional haha. It doesn't look that un-ordinary to me.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm wondering why everybody thinks this scape is so unconventional haha. It doesn't look that un-ordinary to me.
Maybe because it doesn't have the 'mandatory' HC and Cardinal/neon tetras?? ;)

I love this tank. Great plant selection, and the placement and use is a little bit different than what everybody does on Iwagumis.... so definitely something fresh and nice to see.

Really good quality stuff!

41 - 54 of 54 Posts