Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Free Oscars

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  TNguyen 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I just HATED to miss January's meeting! It looks like a great time was had by all. I've had lots of family issues going on, not the least of which is preparing for my dad to have major cancer surgery in February. So it looks like I'll be missing February's meeting too, at least.

We had a guy installing a dishwasher at our house on Saturday, and he has inherited a fish tank with two large oscars, one albino and one normal. He commented on my planted tank (with discus in it), which is what started the conversation. I wasn't actually here, this was relayed to me by my parents. I don't think they remember much else. This fellow is trying to get rid of the oscars, so if anyone is interested, he left his cell phone number. E-mail or PM me if you are interested, and I will try to keep an eye on this thread on APC also.

#2 ·
Hey guys, I just HATED to miss January's meeting! It looks like a great time was had by all. I've had lots of family issues going on, not the least of which is preparing for my dad to have major cancer surgery in February. So it looks like I'll be missing February's meeting too, at least.

We had a guy installing a dishwasher at our house on Saturday, and he has inherited a fish tank with two large oscars, one albino and one normal. He commented on my planted tank (with discus in it), which is what started the conversation. I wasn't actually here, this was relayed to me by my parents. I don't think they remember much else. This fellow is trying to get rid of the oscars, so if anyone is interested, he left his cell phone number. E-mail or PM me if you are interested, and I will try to keep an eye on this thread on APC also.
Hey Mendi, family come first! All the best wishes to you and your family. Hope everything turn out ok. I've been through similiar ordeal.

You might be better off posting on the Houston Fish Box. Unless someone here have the itch for oscars.

#3 ·
Thanks Thanh! You're right, I should try posting on Houston Fish Box. I couldn't imagine anyone from the club wanting oscars either, but I wanted to cover all the bases as far as helping this guy get rid of the fish. He says he might throw them in the bayou if he can't figure something out! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.