Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Great video! By the way, there is a plant you have in that tank that looks like a giant, green sea urchin...there is one right in the middle of the video at about the 20 second mark. What plant is that, and what kind of conditions does it require? It's one of the coolest looking aquarium plants I've seen...

·
Registered
525 Posts
Great video! By the way, there is a plant you have in that tank that looks like a giant, green sea urchin...there is one right in the middle of the video at about the 20 second mark. What plant is that, and what kind of conditions does it require? It's one of the coolest looking aquarium plants I've seen...
I can tell you its a Eriocaulon i think its Eriocaulon sp. 'Mato Grosso'

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/...ils.php?id=143&category=genus&spec=Eriocaulon

·
Registered
766 Posts
Very nice! whats the foreground carpeting plant you have growing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all

JohnPaul: its an Eriocaulon but of an unknown species. I collected it myself just outside Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia. The only way to really id the species is to get it to flower. Its almost certainly not a sp. 'Mato Grosso' (which I assume comes from Sth America?).

JackH: thats a standard Cherry Shrimp. Well what we call Cherry Shrimp in Aus.

Jeff P: the carpeting plant is Glossostigma diandrum. A native Australian. Its tough to grow, requires high light and is slow to get started but once its established it really takes off.

Mike :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wow that's a very interesting foreground plant...all we have in America is Glossostigma Elatinoides:p

Nice video! I think my fish make the shrimp too scared to come out in the open and eat the food...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts