Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Journal? What a great idea for those of us who are compulsive writers and chroniclers of our sundry hobbies. It's a perfect format for me because I am generally rather systematic about my new interests, such as aquaria. I will be adding to this over time.

My interest probably began a few years ago when I thought about getting a betta for my youngest son. I went so far as to buy a TFH book about them. Just to find out what would be involved. That went nowhere until about 2 months ago, when I began to consider using an old but nice glass bowl that my wife acquired and was no longer using to house a betta. Just something simple.

But what really galvanized my interest in aquaria above and beyond just keeping a betta in a bowl was when I somehow stumbled upon the existence of Takashi Amano.

(to be continued)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Keep it going Breck. Good start. :cool:

I just started with my pair of Platinum White Halfmoon bettas in two separate tanks about 2 weeks ago and am already extremely glad that I did. They are so active and lively. I have each of them in a separate 2.5 g tank with live plants. I bought one JBJ Picotope glass tank and one standard rectangular glass tank. I found that the RedSea HOB filter that comes with the Picotope is adequate but does not resume funtion if the power supply is interrupted. This should be OK as long as the fish are bettas since they can breathe air.

Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts