Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I had a plant that was rotting in aquarium. Members have identified it as "Althernanthera ficoidea" and I ve found out that it is not an aquarium plant.

I have moved it to a pot and put aquasoil but it seems like dying. Should I fill the pot with water? Should I use actual dirt? Any suggestions?

Plant Water Liquid Light Leaf
Plant Flowerpot Houseplant Terrestrial plant Leaf vegetable

·
Super Moderator
5,957 Posts
Try keeping the soil moist to wet, but not standing in water. Put a clear plastic bag or drink bottle over the plant so the humidity remains very high. Don't blame yourself if the plant dies--the fault is with the people who sold you a terrestrial plant for your aquarium!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try keeping the soil moist to wet, but not standing in water. Put a clear plastic bag or drink bottle over the plant so the humidity remains very high. Don't blame yourself if the plant dies--the fault is with the people who sold you a terrestrial plant for your aquarium!
Thanks! I thought it may need water because it came out of aquarium and filled an outer pot with water. I read your reply and emptied most of the outer pot, covered it with plastic bag with some small holes. Hope it lives. Thanks so much!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Michael, first it's leaves have dried in pot but now there are new and alive leaves appearing. The plant is saved :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts